The BigHorn 19ECB Gun Safe is the latest residential security container for all gun enthusiasts. It’s designed with a thick steel material which provides solid protection for all your personal assets against forced theft and other natural calamities such as fire. This rock solid gun safe has 19 cubic feet of interior space giving it the capacity to hold a maximum of 24 long guns without running out of space.
When it comes to the outer shelling, the BigHorn Safe 19ECB has a substantially heavier and solid outer stainless steel shelling which is 2.78 mm thick (12 gauge). This thickness is regarded to offer maximum security to your personal items as compared to most of its competitors (which mainly have a thickness of 11 gauge). According to the UL testing, metal with a thickness of less than 12 gauge can easily be broken into using a cold chisel or a sledge hammer.
The external hinges allow the door to open at an angle of 180° as well as make it easier for you to unbolt the door for easy transport. This safe has an exclusive fire rating of 1200°F for 30 minutes. It has two interior re-lockers and a solid welded body making it a drill resistant armor.
Finally, the BigHorn 19ECB Gun Safe has met all the safety requirements under CA Penal Code Section 12087 and has been approved by the California Department of Justice. It has a total of 8 door bolts which lock the steel door at 8 different points. It uses an electronic lock hard to tamper with. This safe comes with a one year limited warranty and has a net weight of 435 pounds with dimensions of 59”H×28”W×20”D.
Features of the BIGHORN 19ECB Gun Safe
- 100% fire proof – designed with fire proof features which keep your guns well protected against fire. It has heat activated expanding door seals to keep smoke and heat away from your items as well as a heavy bodied construction which endures heat of up to 1200°F for 30 minutes.
- Roomy interior – this safe has a roomy interior of 19 cubic feet with dimensions of 57.5″ H x 26.75″ W x 14.75″ D. With such a large interior, this residential security container is capable of holding 24 guns effortlessly.
- Thick rigid doors – overall thickness of 4.75” offering maximum protection against any form of attacks.
- Black stainless finish – the BigHorn Gun Safe 19ECB is coated with a black finish and chrome ascents offering maximum durability.
- Listed with UL – it has met all the safety requirements under CA Penal Code Section 12087 and has been approved by the California Department of Justice.
- The BigHorn 19ECB Gun Safe Gun Safe takes advantage of an electronic lock eliminating the hassle of using keys.
- The safe has 8 door bolts with dimensions of 1 inch each. These bolts lock the door in 8 different points keeping the door 10 times more secure than ordinary safes.
- It has a solid armored body that offers maximum protection against fire and theft.
- A roomy interior which offers vast space for storage of guns and all personal variables.
- Owners of this safe can easily get locked out. This is because, in case you forget the combinations, you’ll be forced to pay a safe specialist to drill it open.
- Some customers have complained about the warranty of this safe. There are so many rules you’ll have to adhere to, some of which are quite tricky.
- With a weight of 435 pounds, this safe is quite bulky making it hard to transport it from one place to another. This however could be an advantage protecting the safe from theft.
- Relatively high price as compared to competitors.
Let’s summarize this 19ECB safe review. Although some customers have complained about the price of this gun safe, the fact is that it’s able to perform its intended purpose without any compromise. The BigHorn 19ECB Gun Safehas been designed with a solid steel body which is both theft and fire resistant. It uses an electronic lock which works together with 8 solid bolts to lock the door. Despite being a new product in the market, it has been welcomed with 4 star ratings from 4 verified Amazon customers making it a perfect purchase for gun enthusiasts.