Sentry Safe is among the best manufacturers that produce very solid safes for firearms and documents safety. In 2013, the company released one of the best biometric pistol safes in its category (according to Amazon customers). This review is about another of their products – SentrySafe SFW123FUL. This electronic fire safe protects your documents, digital media and other valuables during critical conditions such as fire, theft or even floods.
Sentry Safe SFW123FUL has a large storage capacity of 1.23 cu. ft. and comes with two multi-position trays to increase the interior capacity and allow for better organization. The safe is UL classified to offer maximum protection for your valuables against fire for up to one hour. It is also ETL verified to offer water resistance for up to 24 hours.
In addition to this, SentrySafe SFW123FUL offers several security features. The door is reinforced with four large 1-inch bolts and a pry-resistant hinge bar that protects it against forced entry. It is impact resistant and able to provide a fire protection to CDs, DVDs, memory sticks and USB drives. Bolt down hardware and batteries are included for your convenience.
Features of the SentrySafe SFW123FUL 1.2 Cubic Feet
- One hour fire resistance – The SentrySafe SFW123FUL is UL classified to protect your documents and other important variables against fire (1700°F) for a maximum of one hour, with the guarantee that your valuables inside will remain below 350°F. In addition SentrySafe offers a Lifetime After-fire replacement – if product is damaged by fire at any time while still owned by you (the original owner), SentrySafe will ship a replacement free of charge.
- Impact resistant – To resist breakage in case of a fall (ETL verified to pass a 15 foot drop test)
- 24 hour water resistance – During a fire breakout, you’ll find that your documents may get damaged by water sprays used to put out the fire. SentrySafe SFW123FUL is designed with a 24 hour water resistance (in up to 8 inches of water) that protects your documents against such incidents as well as floods. Note: The product is not water resistant once it is bolted down. The ETL verified water resistance claim applies to product prior to the application of a bolt-down kit. This, however, makes sense as in order to bolt it down you have to drill holes through the safe wall/floor.
- Electronic lock – A handy feature allowing a quick access. And if you keep forgetting the codes, there’s nothing to worry about as the manufacturer has developed a MySafetySafe Profile feature that gives you automatic access to your safe. The electronic lock can NOT be overriden by backup keys. The batteries are located outside for that reason. A dual locking mechanism allows you to optionally increase the security by requiring both, keys and a code to open the safe.
You will find the factory code on the back of the user manual – this code cannot be deleted. You can, however, programme your own user code.
In case you prefer a combination lock, then look at the alternative SentrySafe SFW123DSB with the same features, but a combo mechanism and a lower price.
- Security – The safe is well built with a thick steel material which is rigid and strong protecting your documents against fire, water, theft and impact. Due to customers feedback and demands, the Sentry Safe SFW123FUL was fitted with four large one inch bolts (that is 60% bigger than other safes in this category) which offer maximum protection and defense against forced entry and theft, especially in combination with the pry resistant hinge bar.
- Organization of contents – This safe is designed with two multi-position shelves offering extra room to store additional accessories. On top of that if offers a key rack, door tray and door pocket, so you can easily store even small valuables like jewelry.
- Lighting – Interior LED lighting and a backlit keypad allow for an easy and quick access in dark without disturbing anybody or without being noticed by intruders when reaching for a gun. The light duration can be adjusted to balance between comfort and battery life.
- Dimensions – exterior 17.8 in x 16.3 in x 19.3 in (H x W x D), interior 13.8 in x 12.6 in x 11.9 in, weight 86.3 lbs
To round up this review, the Sentry Safe SFW123FUL is the best choice for people looking forward to invest in a reliable fireproof electronic safe. Designed with high quality steel material, this product is capable of withstanding hostile environmental events such as fire, water, impact and theft. The manufacturer also offers “$50,000 Fire Protection Guarantee” and “After Fire Replacement Guarantee”. The SentrySafe SFW123FUL is a high quality product worth buying to protect your valuables.